Launched in March 2022, the GlobalTrader app has an intuitive interface that makes it easy for clients to access trading in over 90 stock markets globally. ETFs, options, mutual funds and cryptocurrency trading are also available via the app. Cypto trading is accessed via Paxos Trust Company, a regulated blockchain infrastructure platform. The IBKR GlobalTrader app is available for Android and iOS.
Key features of the app include the following:
- Accounts can be funded in over 20 currencies, which can be converted into whichever currency is needed for a trade.
- Clients can access over 90 stock exchanges in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- Some US ETFs, including QQQ and SPY, can be traded around the clock five days a week.
- Clients can access global options trading via over 30 market centers around the world.
- Fractional trading. You can buy fractions of shares as little as $1.
- The app features a stock scanner, which allows users to filter stocks by market cap, region, industry, last price, P/E ratio and dividend yield.
- A news feed with stories from Reuters, Dow Jones and StreetInsider is built into the app. You can elect to view stories that are related to your portfolio holdings.
- A simulated trading account allows you to practice trading in a live environment with $10,000 in virtual money.
The standard IBKR mobile app is still available. While the interface of this app is less user friendly it does provides some more advanced functions, for example the ability to add indicators to charts.
Interactive Brokers Group Inc. (IBKR) is a publicly traded company, listed on NASDAQ. With $10 billion in equity capital, 2 million investors in over 200 countries, IBKR is one of the largest and most stable brokers in the world.
📊 Learn more from our partner IBKR here: GlobalTrader App